Ahead of the Curve: All About Financing A College Education
Thoughts from the news:
- Flip Side of Reducing Student Debt Is Increasing the Federal Deficit, New York Times, February 11, 2015—for every benefit, there is a cost
- Looking At Student Loan Defaults Through a Larger Landscape, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, February 19, 2015—student loan defaults are not only increasing, but also occurring earlier in the repayment period
- Why You Should Tell Your Children How Much You Make, New York Times, January 29, 2015—an open conversation can help families work together to find the greatest value for college
- The Changing Profile of Student Loan Borrowers, Pew Research Center, October 7, 2014—increasing numbers of students from affluent families are borrowing to pay for college costs
- A Perfect Storm Is Heading Toward Higher Education, Time, February 25, 2015—how will the three decade rise in college tuition, combined with technology innovations and parents’ dissatisfaction with college outcomes affect colleges?